WSC Wine Services
Modern, Efficient Fulfillment
Wine Service Co-op excels in delivering premium services to its member wineries by providing centralized case storage and comprehensive shipping services. Additionally, consumer-direct services encompass all shipping needs, including wine clubs, release shipments, tasting room orders, e-commerce, and will-call orders.
Our philosophy is based on the longstanding principles of our membership cooperative: provide traditional customer service, and operate with care, integrity, professionalism, and knowledge. All services are operated at cost, with the goal being to match revenues and expenses for a break-even budget. Any excess revenues generated are taxed at the co-op level rather than being redistributed to members and taxed at the higher member tax rate.. Rates may be adjusted up or down depending on annual member projections and expense forecasts.
Our services now include consumer-direct fulfillment. "WSC Direct" ships wine to all states where members have legal, compliant access. Choices in shipping materials include sustainably made pulp products, standard foam insulated shippers, and custom logo corrugated boxes. It is our common goal to simplify the fulfillment process for our members and to support building member brands in the consumer-direct market.
Storage and General Shipping:
WSC hosts a centralized computer system, allowing members the ability to enter orders or check inventory levels electronically. Communication is by web access, or the member can simply fax an order in. As sales occur, wholesalers or truckers will schedule shipments with our traffic department for pick up the following day.
WSC has a four-unit trucking department to handle member only wines coming straight from the bottling lines. One smaller 2-axel tractor and 27-foot trailer handles the mountainous wineries while the other two 3-axel tractors and 48-foot trailers stay on the valley floor. A 16-foot box truck is used for local pickups and inter-warehouse transfers. Our truck dispatcher also contracts with local haulers during peak season as an added service. Call the St. Helena warehouse for scheduling pick-ups.
Daily wine deliveries to restaurants and wine shops from Napa to Calistoga are available for members. A small one-ton delivery van is used for this service. Costs are reasonable. Orders can be delivered the same day the order is input, but typically go out next day. Orders input to WSC by 7:00 a.m. on weekdays will be delivered that day.
Member winery will-call deliveries are made by appointment. A standard drop fee is charged, and depending on the quantity delivered may have additional charges added on.
At WSC Direct a web-based FORT system provides our clients constant access to inventory, order fulfillment information, tracking numbers, and many other key functions.
Our system manages all the processes necessary for timely and accurate order fulfillment, including:
- Generating compliant labels with FedEx, UPS, and GSO.
- Running batch orders for label generation.
- Packing orders in the most efficient fashion ("cubing" technology).
- Creating Integrated Packing Slips (IPS), including all order information, optional gift message sticker, optional company logo sticker, and courier shipping label all on a single 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.
- Reporting inventory, orders, and invoice information automatically to suppliers, administrators, and customers.
Wine Club & Release Fulfillment
At WSC Direct an experienced staff packs and ships from our temperature-controlled warehouse, ensuring that each job is done completely, safely, and efficiently. This allows your winery staff to focus uninterrupted on their regular duties.
We are ideally set up to allow maximum ease and flexibility. We can:
- Draw your inventory directly from deep storage for just-in-time fulfillment of your direct orders.
- Schedule pick-ups from your winery in our insulated trucks.
- Accommodate special pick-and-pack requests beyond standard wine club shipment offerings, including releases and large corporate gifting and sampling programs.
We use the web-based FORT system for processing labels, tracking direct-to-consumer orders, tracking inventory, compliance reports and much more.
Daily Shipping of Tasting Room Sales, On-Line Orders, and Samples:
We offer Pick and Pack services for member wineries only.
- We save you time and money by pulling your wines from deep storage, packing wine in your desired packing materials, inserting your collateral, and shipping on the date requested.
- At any time wineries can log in, upload new orders, verify the status of your shipments, review tracking information, compliance reports, excise tax and sales tax for reporting.
FORT e-commerce system compatibility: Your consumer-direct orders can be automatically processed through our warehouse without any manual intervention. It is a 24x7 system at your fingertips! The system provides wine club management, compliance, content management, robust reporting, and other important tools. Available to members at special member rates.
General systems compatibility: Most third-party systems have the proprietary FORT 205 or 209 Data template implemented in their systems. Custom integration via an API and XML is possible.
FORT Compliance will be available to all members for all orders processed through WSC Direct, whether or not they are actually fulfilled at the coop. Subscribe to our direct-ship compliance module to automate all of your direct ship compliance reporting needs.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com